THIS OPPORTUNITY HAS BEEN FILLED
Come Learn With Us….in Canada!
The OPPORTUNITY: to add practical experience and success to your resume, education and talents, and gain recognition for your accomplishments.
The Forerunner Project Inc.(national charity since 2003) has an opportunity for 2 interns to work under the guidance of Canadian professionals and the administrative team to implement and achieve the vision and goals of the organization.
The Intern will work with private schools and universities throughout the Americas, as well as market (online) directly to students. Knowledge of online marketing, website development, and some sales experience would be helpful but not required. Speaking and comprehending English is required. The Intern will be immersed in an English speaking culture and can expect to improve their English skills significantly.
The 4 month placement (which could be extended) is located in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Waterloo was designated as the ‘most intelligent community in the world’ in 2007 by The Intelligent Community Forum (ICF- New York). There are over 750 high-tech companies in the region and Waterloo is an extremely progressive, model community with thought-leaders from many fields.
The Intern must be able to travel to the placement – a visa may be required. TFP will assist the Intern with meeting all immigration requirements. The placement runs from August through November.
Travel expenses, housing, and food during the placement are included. The Interns must cover their personal expenses and travel to the placement – some assistance with travel may be available. Please contact us for more information.
The Intern will:
- assist with the maintenance of the TFP website and social media platforms
- help plan TFP events
- assist with the production of video interviews including editing video and audio
- speak (3-5 minutes) to small groups about life in Costa Rica
- assist with managing speaking engagements
- help plan logistics for the “Find You Amazing!” school to be held Jan-Mar 2017 in Costa Rica.
- be mentored by local experts in their field of interest
- attend events that will help them advance within their field of interest
- visit arts and cultural events and tourist locations in Ontario, Canada.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work closely, in a mentor relationship, with highly talented and experienced professionals. This is an opportunity to learn how to be successful in achieving your goals with the support and guidance of seasoned professionals.
To apply for this position, contact us by email with your up-to-date resume and 2 paragraphs describing why you are “perfect” for this opportunity. Click the logo below to start your application.